Thursday, April 9, 2009

Reflections on College Mission


This Tuesday i was asked to reflect on the mission i went to last week. This was a great question that inspired me to stop and think and share.
So here it is my reflections on Moore College Mission 09
I was on Mission at Penrith Anglican College (PAC) in combination with Christ Church at the College. Firstly i must comment on my house parents. They were awesome. I had so many great conversations with them. We talked about how we each became Christians, the struggles we have been through, the experiences we have had, etc. We pretty much shared our lives together over the week. It was amazing. I was very encouraged by their lives and how much God has worked in their lives.
At PAC i was participating in divinity classes (classes on God and the Bible), lunch time Christian group ROCK, and Chapel. I really enjoyed the time doing these things but i must admitt being at PAC reminded me of my school. So i could understand the boredom of the school kids who dont believe in Jesus.
Christ Church held bible study groups through the week, did door knocking in the local area and had a big Sunday program. On the Sunday we had a morning service followed by Fair go market (market with fair trade and other products). Then that night we had Sunday Night Live (SNL) which is a once a month youth service. I was able to share my testimony with the Groups through the week and attend and help at the Sunday events.

What did i learn from all this?

- God is gracious to all
- A church that is loving is more attractive to outsiders
- Evangelism isnt just about talking about Jesus. It involves relationships and the above point. Loving people not just to tell them about Jesus but genuinly loving (caring) them.
- I need to step out of my box to get to know people.
- Debates over church styles damages Christian fellowship. There are many people from different church backgrounds that are still part of God's Church.

Moore College Mission 09 over, God's mission still ongoing.

No comments:

Post a Comment